Who we are
Genius In You is a specialist 11 plus tuition provider, delivering personalised high quality tuition in small groups at affordable prices to children in London and Kent
Our experienced and dedicated team of tutors are highly educated and from diverse backgrounds; with a unique approach to personalised learning that yields excellent results and entry into Grammar schools.
They are committed to educating children, inspiring them with a passion for learning and a desire to achieve excellence.
All of our pupils are individuals, with their own personal strengths and goals; therefore each one receives a personal and tailored service. This affirmation is deeply rooted in our core values and dictates our teaching methods:
- Inspiration and passion. We strive to inspire each student and uncover their passion
- Our tutors help children grasp the fundamentals of the various aspects of 11 plus examination
- Group discussions are encouraged to further consolidate understanding
- Continuous assessment to ensure our children are fully prepared for the format of the 11 plus examination
Our tutorial services are complimented with other aspects of students’ development, which we believe are essential to keeping them passionate and inspired. From our mentoring programmes to our speaker drop in sessions; we provide the support required for our students to excel and be better informed and prepared for future challenges. We also aim to work with our communities to tackle issues around parental engagement, shortening the gap in day to day involvement and boosting attainment.
When you book with us students are ensured to gain the GIY advantage!
Below are some of the reasons why you should choose GIY:
- We focus on small class sizes to encourage peer interaction without compromise on independent thinking.
- We deliver personalised lesson plans to target your child’s learning pace and style.
- Specialism – 11-plus is our sole focus and honestly, our pupils think we are brilliant at it. Our proven methodology delivers results.
- This has led to over 90% success rate into first choice Grammar schools.
- And we offer affordable education with
- Free registration.
- Free first lesson.
- Referral reward scheme.
- As well as being 20% cheaper than other providers.
Our dream is to really educate and learn along the way by focusing on one student at a time.
We want to bring out the best in our students and improve their confidence, which we believe is a great factor in achieving great things.
Our dream is to make a positive impact to society in our little way through education. We intend to do this by combining traditional teaching methods with innovative approaches through the use of technology.
Our dream is to generate better leaders for the future by helping to release the individuality in all our students resulting in independent thinkers and way makers.
Our dream is not only to influence our direct communities but to go further afield, influencing charities, governments and countries.
In all of this, we want to have fun along the way, and hope you do too.
Team work makes the dream work.
GIY is made up of a collection of teachers, educators and influencers who are passionate about education and unlocking the inner genius in every child.
With over 20+ years in education, the experience within our team includes:
- Qualified Primary & Secondary School Teachers;
- Grammar school alumni;
- Education consultants;
- Oxbridge educated founders;
- 11 plus tutors with high success rate of getting children into their first choice Grammar schools.
When the team isn’t working hard on inspiring your child to succeed at 11 plus, we pursue our varied interest which include – Classical soundtrack music, cycling, hiking, football, golf, mentoring, photography, reading, travelling, scrabble, socialising, squash and volunteering.
How we work
We take all necessary steps to ensure your child has a unique and personalised experience which.
I. Get Data
Collect the required information about your child`s requirements through our booking form
Complete our online assessment to help the tutors focus on relevant area and understand learning style
Build a personalised learning plan for your child
Enrol your child into regular weekly classes to work through the personalised plan
V. Continuous Assessment
Continually assess your child to ensure they are on track
Provide regular feedback on your child’s progress